SERVICES FOR CUSTOMERS WITH DISABILITIES AND/OR REDUCED MOBILITY
Ferrotramviaria, to meet the needs of its passengers, offers assistance services to customers with disabilities and / or reduced mobility with a view to continuous improvement, in compliance with the provisions provided by the EC Regulation 1371/2007 on the rights and obligations of passengers of rail transport.
COME TO REQUEST ASSISTANCE
STAFF ASSISTANCE MUST BE REQUIRED:
- from Monday to Friday with an advance of at least 48 hours;
- for journeys to be made on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, at least 72 hours in advance.
To request the assistance service, the traveler can:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating all the information relating to the trip, the email request received received by 3.00 pm;
- Call the number of the Customer Relations Office 080.5299348 - the service operates from Monday to Friday, from 9.00 to 13.00.
To take advantage of the assistance of the company staff, in order to facilitate the service, it is necessary to show up at the station at least 30 minutes before the train departs.
What it indicates in reservations
In requests for assistance it is necessary to indicate:
- stations and / or departure and arrival stops;
- the date of return with the preferred time slots or the preferred train;
- the type of assistance required (with or without a forklift, with a wheelchair and any other useful information);
- a telephone number at which, if necessary, the customer can be contacted for the trip.
STATIONS AND STOPS
It should be noted that the Stations and Stops of Ferrotramviaria S.p.A. they have different levels of visitability, that is, usability on the part of people with reduced or impeded motor skills.
- The Bari Central Station and the Tesoro, Cittadella, San Gabriele, Ospedale and Cecilia stations of the FM1 line and the FM2 line are accessible to the customers, they offer customers the opportunity to independently access the ticket office and the sidewalks. All movements of people with reduced or impeded mobility within the passenger area's relation spaces and to the toilets take place in the absence of architectural barriers and / or by lift. The boarding and the descent from trains by customers with disabilities and / or reduced mobility and in wheelchairs in the aforementioned stops of the FM1 line occurs at ground level; in the Airport and Europe Stops, and in the Bari Centrale station with the exception of the FLIRT and CIVITY electric trains, this is done by assistance from the company personnel who is only authorized to use the wheelchair lifting platform.
The Bari Central Station:
it can be visited from 5.00 am to 11.00 pm. It can be accessed every day from the "Yellow" underpass if you come from the Bari Centrale station of RFI or from Via Giuseppe Capruzzi.
From Monday to Saturday it can also be accessed by the lift that connects the station with Corso Italia or Piazza Aldo Moro, after passing through the Appulo Lucane railway station.
The lift also connects the railway platform of the Bari Central stations of the Appulo Lucane and Ferrotramviaria railways; it can be used only and independently by travelers with walking difficulties.
Travelers who continue their journey with trains departing from the RFI station can request assistance by contacting the blue room in advance (02323232; salablu.BARI@rfi.it)
- At the Airport stop, in addition, upon request received with at least 48 hours notice for weekdays and 72 hours for public holidays, a wheelchair will be made available to the carers to facilitate the transport of travelers within the structure. The traveler must request the availability of the wheelchair in advance.
- The Stations of Bitonto, Terlizzi, Ruvo, Corato, Andria and Barletta Scalo are characterized by conditional visitability, ie they offer travelers with walking difficulties the possibility of accessing the ticket office, the station sidewalks and on board trains, as well as during the descent phase by them, through assistance from company personnel who are only authorized to use the lifting platform and not to transport it on it.
- Stations with underpasses are equipped with a stairlift platform.
- For the ascent and descent from the trains in each station is installed a wheelchair lifting platform for customers with disabilities and / or reduced mobility.
- The stations of Bari centrale, Bitonto, Terlizzi, Ruvo, Corato, Andria, Fesca S.G. and the Treasure Stops, Citadel, San Gabriel, Hospital, Airport, Europe, SS. Medici and Macchie are equipped with toilets for use by customers with disabilities and / or reduced mobility.
Services on board
The rolling stock is equipped with special parking stations with coupling for the transport of disabled passengers in wheelchairs, two on ELT series 200 and CIVITY series ERT 452 electric trains, one on FLIRT series ERT 341 and 342 electric trains. The FLIRT and CIVITY electric trains are equipped also of toilets for customers with disabilities and / or reduced mobility and platforms that allow entry into the park at the stops of Europa and Airport.
To consult the table relating to the schematic mode, about the degree of accessibility to stations and services for people with disabilities, please download the attachment.